Feb 17, 2009

SF Beer Week - Celebrator Brewfest

I had a great time pouring for Russian River Brewing Company at the "Best of the West" Brewfest for the 21st Anniversary of Celebrator Magazine.
Thanks, Vinnie & Natalie!

On tap we had Pliny the Elder, the original "Double-IPA", and their new Belgian-style Mortfication, a 11% "quadruple" that many people compared to a barley wine. Pouring from bottles we had two more Belgian-style ales - Damnation: Batch 23 and Consecration, made with black currants and aged in Cabernet barrels. Dozens of people told me that this tart Belgian-style ale was the best beer at the brewfest that night! When the 3-liter bottle of Consecration was finally uncorked at 5:23, there was much rejoicing - truly the highlight of the evening!

There were a lot of great people there - some I had met before, and others I look forward to meeting again. I have to mention Dan Curran from Devils Canyon Brewing, who had some great pictures from last year's Celebrator party on their website. (I was pleasantly surprised to find pictures of my hair before I donated it to Locks of Love.) Dan was kind enough to let me post them on our FaceBook group page - check them out!

I plan on attending several more brew-related events before we open our doors in Logan. I was even invited to be a judge at the North American Beer festival in June - see you there!

4 comments:

  1. Oh man... I wish I could have been there! That Concecration sounds heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to know what professional experience that anyone involved in this project has...

    ReplyDelete
  3. just as i thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cache Valley Brewing CompanyMarch 28, 2009 at 9:38 AM

    Do you really expect a response to an Anonymous post? Are you one of our competitors, trying to gain proprietary information?

    If you lack the courage to post your name, why should we take your question seriously?

    ReplyDelete